quick dot on keys you don't know

Ashleigh Piccinino

If you don’t know where your keys are like the windows logo key, you can press a quick dot on there—these are sticky things on the bottom but have rounded tops/I have some and they come in small and larger sizes. Anyway, you can clean the key after it’s located for you with sighted help before putting your dot on there. That’s what I’d suggest if you get lost on where needed keys are.

Ashleigh Piccinino

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Sunday, August 20, 2017 10:46 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Cursor on web page

That would be my suggestion, just press Control+Windows Key+K before you go to Word to set a temporary placemarker, then after you return to the web page if your place has been lost press "k" and you are back where you were.

Regards,
Sieghard

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Kevin Hourigan
Sent: Sunday, August 20, 2017 5:53 AM

Would using place markers help?

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: August 19, 2017 10:04 PM

Unfortunately, this is a common symptom when leaving and returning to a web page window. This also happens to me when downloading talking books from the National Library for the Blind. I don't know of any way to prevent this. The only thing I have found is to look for a word on the web page, and after returning to it, search for that word using CONTROL plus the letter F. This cuts down on the time needed to relocate your place on the web page.

Bill White
Billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Marilyn Bland
Sent: Saturday, August 19, 2017 7:29 PM

Hello everyone,

I am encountering a very frustrating situation. I am reading something on the internet, switch to my Word document to make a note of something for future reference, then switch back to the web page with the intent of continuing where I left off. However, instead of my cursor being where I left off before the switch, it is at the top of the web page and I have to arrow down through everything I have already read to find my place.

Why does this happen? Is there a way to stop this from happening?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Marilyn

Dr. Marilyn Bland - Dallas, Texas

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.