Problems in using Excel 2016 with JAWS 18 & 17

Sameer

Dear List Members,

I have been facing problems in using Excel with JAWS since last Thursday (17/08/2017) & seek your kind assistance in solving them.

I am using a 64-bit desktop computer with Windows 7 as my operating system. I am using an original licenced version of Office 2016. Currently three versions of JAWS – 15, 17 & 18 are installed on my computer with JAWS 18 being my default version.

Until Thursday evening, everything was working fine without any problems. Since then, Excel hangs up whenever I try to work in it with either JAWS 17 or 18. If I work in Excel with JAWS 15, it works perfectly. All other Office 2016 products – Word, Powerpoint etc work properly irrespective of the JAWS version being used.

I have completely uninstalled all versions of JAWS including user settings & shared components but the problem continues after reinstallation of JAWS.

My computer engineer has verified that the Office 2016 software is properly installed & updated to the latest version. All Add-ins & unnecessary toolbars have been removed from Excel.

Kindly suggest how I can get Excel working properly with JAWS 17 & 18.

Thanking all in advance for any & all suggestions.

Regards
Mr. Sameer Latey
Mumbai, India