Well, it's helped for any other documents I create! This is great! I may have to change earlier ones when I open them, but at least the rest of them are okay! I do wish I knew a shortcut command for that, but no matter; at least I know what to do now.
Thanks,
Nance

On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 10:39 AM, N K Shackelford <nance62lady@...> wrote:
oh, Mario, I'm so sorry! Didn't somehow get down far enough to read yours. my gmail reads in conversations for each message, and sometimes, I miss some of them.  Thanks so very much!!
Nance

On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 8:49 AM, Mario <mrb620@...> wrote:
Nance, this is Mario. reread the steps I provided. although it specifies
Word 2010, it's the same for 2013. it's alt, f for file, t for options.
then it's d for display...

hth
-------- Original Message --------
From: N K Shackelford [mailto:nance62lady@...]
Sent: Friday, Aug 18, 2017 5:12 AM EST
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Help! Announcements I can't stop

Hi, Mike:
This control Shift 8 doesn't work for me with Windows 7 and Word 2013; I
got the settings changed in only one document, and the others are still the
same with paragraph markers and space markers read between each word and
line. I couldn't find a "View in that options menu, but then I didn't find
a Tools menu exactly. Any other help appreciated.
Thanks
Nance

On Thu, Aug 17, 2017 at 7:05 PM, Marilyn Bland <tinkerbelltx@...>
wrote:

Mario,

I followed your steps, but all your "uncheck" items were unchecked. There
was another one you did not list - object anchors - and this one was
checked, so I unchecked it. This seems to have solved the problem. I am
nervous about saying it is fixed, but it seems that way. If not, I'll be
back to say so. Otherwise, thanks so much for your help.

Thanks to the many others who also gave solutions. I really appreciate it.

Marilyn

Dr. Marilyn Bland - Dallas,  Texas