FW: Case Update: 105914 - Eastwest Installation Center

Annabelle Susan Morison

Is there a way for me to attach text to icons in an otherwise graphical program so they can be fully recognized by JAWS? For example, Eastwest's Installation Center has buttons and a listbox, but most of them don't have "Alt Text" inside the icons. Here's what one of the guys at Eastwest told me. You can try Installation Center here:

From: East West Communications, Inc. [mailto:support@...]
Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2017 11:42 AM
To: foristnights@...
Subject: Case Update: 105914 - Eastwest Installation Center

Update for Case 105914 - "Eastwest Installation Center"

Hey Annabelle,

I don't believe there is any way for you to change any of the icons in the EW Installation Center. In the same way that Play is scripted, I don't thing the IC can be changed either. Does your JAWS system allow you to attach text to buttons without accessing the actual scripting code - as there's no way to access that?

Let me know.

Thanks,
Michael

Click here to update the Case online, or reply to this email

Message History