From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Saturday, August 12, 2017 11:24 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Off topic, accessible books,

Pablo,

I'm sorry you are in this situation.

does your school have a Disabled Student Services office?

Are they not able to help more?

Otherwise, it sounds like you would have to hire someone to do this manually since the publisher did not provide you with a good version with the headings. That is simply awful.

Richard

On Aug 12, 2017, at 7:01 PM, Pablo Morales <pablocmd2014@...> wrote:

A software is not able to do this. Let me try to describe  the situation. The publishers sent me these books,(they are not in bookshare). These books visually have main titles, subtitles, and other type of format or fonts that identify what are the hierarchy of titles and points in these books. They are not tagged. So converting these books to word is not a choice, copying and pasting is not a choice either, each book is over 800 pages, and I have no time or way to know which is a heading level 3 or heading level 2. I need someone telling me if a heading in the PDF is parent or child of a previous title.

More over, for some reason that I don’t want to know. Publishers now likes to add text boxes on the sides of the pages with complementary information, or notes,  or just tips related with the topic in those chapters. Keeping the format is no the solution because the way how the screen reader will read it is going to be so confusing. I need take those text boxes at the end of the chapter, I need those notes as bookmarks that are link with points in the chapter.

All of these require human intervention.

Should be someone on the world able to do this. How companies modify Policies  documents or documentation that is not available in word?

How disable people do these?

Copying and pasting, or depending of bookshare, or using text conversion software?

No come on guys, How many of you are going to school.

Do you get your books from bookshare?

You tag your documents manually?

How do you handle text boxes on the sides of the pages in these cases?

For how long you have to work on that.