Re: Erasing a computer's data

Peter Tesar

Hello,

The latest Windows 10 Iso can be downloaded and then burned to a DVD disk.

Put the disk into the PC to be formatted and then power on. The PC should start with the DVD.

After powering on (with the Win 10 install disk, Use

  CTRL plus ALT plus ENTER

That will bring up Narrator then follow the choices.

I did this only once and do not remember which choices I used to:

     delete, create and format a particular partition.

Peter T

On 8/12/2017 7:36 AM, Alan Robbins wrote:

Dave,

Sounds like a lot of good advice for folks out there.

Regarding a talking installer for Windows 10, not sure if there is one out there labeled that but my understanding is the latest Wind 10 release offers talk from Narrator almost instantly. What I hear is  when booting from an optical drive, or more common these days a flash drive, after the first automatic boot, one can press win key plus ctrl key and enter to get speech from narrator to complete the install. I have not used this yet but am planning on trying this weekend when I set my new Intel NUC7i5bnh barebones kit up. Just need to install the SSD and memory first. I’m curious to find this out personally

Al