Re: How to mark un-read messages inwindows live mail

David <davidwhitehead1957@...>

Hello Tom;

If you're using the 2011 version of windows live mail, then the graphics
which
indicate unread, attachment, etc are not labeled by default.

However, you can label these
manually

:1. Open windows live mail.

2. Normally, Jaws is set not to read any unlabeled graphics. To temporarily
change this behavior/setting so that it reads them, so that you can find
them and label
them: press insert+v to open the adjust jaws options dialog;or, in jaws13
it's now refered to as, quick settings.
press the letter "G" until you hear jaws announce Graphics - labeled; press
spacebar to cycle to the next option for this setting which is graphics -
all, and then press enter to activate the default close button.

3. When jaws reads a message in the message list, it now reads each
unlabeled
graphic as graphic followed by a number, and these all occur before the
senders
name. What you will need to determine is,
what is the number graphic corresponding with, unread, attachments.

4. To label a graphic, move to a unread message
in
the list which is unread, that is jaws says graphic and the graphic number
when reading it;
press
insert + numpad minus to route the jaws cursor to the pc cursor - this
places
the jaws cursor at the beginning of the senders name; press left arrow till
you
get to graphicXXX press insert + g to open the graphics labeler dialog;
the
initial focus is a label edit box, with the text graphic xxx selected; type

unread, and then press enter to activate the default ok button.

5. Repeat step 4 to label any other unlabeled graphics that you want to
label.
6. If you close and reopen windows live mail, the jaws setting for reading
graphics will have returned to just reading labeled graphics.