Re: Jaws vs NVDA

Michael Mote

Hi there!  You can configure the key that you want to use for the NVDA key.  Simply launch NVDA, and then press either Insert or caps lock plus the letter N to go into the NVDA menus.  Under preferences, find the option that says keyboard options.  Enter to open that menu, and make your selections there.  You can use either the Insert or caps lock key

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Maria Campbell
Sent: Wednesday, August 9, 2017 1:15 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws vs NVDA

But does it use an acrobatic key combo like three keys or very far flung keys?  Even JAWS has weird and hard to do combos for people with small hands like me.

lucky1inct@...

--St. Francis

On 8/9/2017 1:10 PM, Don H wrote:

There is a Place marker addon for NVDA.

On 8/9/2017 12:07 PM, Michael Mote wrote:

Hi Maria!  I haven’t found a place marker equivalent in NVDA either.  That would be nice.  Perhaps, there is an add-on for that.

As far as the find feature.  If you press NVDA key plus control plus the letter F, the find dialog box pops up.  This works like the JAWS find function, with the NVDA key replacing the JAWs key or insert key.