Re: Jaws vs NVDA

Víctor Hugo Vargas

The access 32 speech syn is also available that is a much better voice
than the default voice

On 8/9/2017 9:06 AM, Richard Turner wrote:

The default voice is awful.

But, for basic tasks, if you have Windows 10, change the synthesizer
to SAPI 5 and you will have either David or Hazel I think, which are
good voices.

The keystrokes are much like Jaws.

The way it handles the mouse is very different.

I use it as my backup screen reader when Jaws (or in its day,
Window-Eyes) lock up.

It takes very few resources.

Richard

*From:* main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] *On Behalf Of
*Laura Richardson
*Sent:* Wednesday, August 9, 2017 5:49 AM
*To:* main@jfw.groups.io
*Subject:* Jaws vs NVDA

Hello,

I’d never heard of NVDA screen reader until just recently …… I have
only heard of and used Jaws. I am curious and have quite a few
questions but I’ll narrow it down to this one for now …… Is there much
difference in the capabilities of what each screen reader can do
regarding work and home use? Thanks in advance for your input.

Laura

--
Solución a problemas legales en : www.vargaschavarriabogados.com