Re: An OpenBook question while I wait to get accepted on the Openbook users list

Dave...

Kevin,

In Openbook, go to your preferences and see where the files are being stored by default.

Dave
Oregonian, woodworker, Engineer, Musician, and Pioneer

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, August 06, 2017 09:23
Subject: Re: An OpenBook question while I wait to get accepted on the Openbook users list

I thought I would check this out; my document saved just fine, but now I cannot find it. I used to go to Open Book on the desk top, hit enter on Open Book, and arrow down to my Open Book documents. Now Open Book opens, and I do not know where my saved Open Book documents are?

Cheers Kevin.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of James Bentley
Sent: August 5, 2017 11:11 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: An OpenBook question while I wait to get accepted on the Openbook users list

Hello Richard,

I do not have any idea what is going on with your system but, have you tried naming and saving a file before you start scanning.  OB has been bad about crashing on me for years on many many different computers including Win10 Creator 64 bit.

I learned a long time ago to name and save a file before I scanned too many pages.  If it crashes before you save, you loose every thing that you scanned.  Not so good if you have scanned a lot of pages.  And, for me, I have far less crashes if the file has been named.  I definitely do not know why.

While this information probably doesn’t help you very much, maybe it will save you a little time.

Good luck with tech support Monday.

James B

Sent: Sunday, August 06, 2017 12:35 AM

Haven’t used it in a while so can’t tell ya, sorry about that! However, yes, I do use ob for some things when I can

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Saturday, August 5, 2017 11:28 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: An OpenBook question while I wait to get accepted on the Openbook users list

If there are any OpenBook 9 users running Windows 10 Creator Edition, 64 bit; have you had any issues with saving files after scanning?

On my system, I get the nebulous error message that something has stopped Openbook from working and Windows will close the program, etc.

I have corresponded with tech support and I tried their repair steps, didn’t work.

I tried their suggestion of uninstalling and reinstalling it into a custom location, still not working.

I did not remove shared components because I thought that would mess up my Jaws installation.

Any thoughts before I have to call tech support on Monday?

Thanks,

Richard

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.