Re: An OpenBook question while I wait to get accepted on the Openbook users list

Kevin Hourigan <kevinthourigan@...>

I thought I would check this out; my document saved just fine, but now I cannot find it. I used to go to Open Book on the desk top, hit enter on Open Book, and arrow down to my Open Book documents. Now Open Book opens, and I do not know where my saved Open Book documents are?

Cheers Kevin.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of James Bentley
Sent: August 5, 2017 11:11 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: An OpenBook question while I wait to get accepted on the Openbook users list

Hello Richard,

I do not have any idea what is going on with your system but, have you tried naming and saving a file before you start scanning.  OB has been bad about crashing on me for years on many many different computers including Win10 Creator 64 bit.

I learned a long time ago to name and save a file before I scanned too many pages.  If it crashes before you save, you loose every thing that you scanned.  Not so good if you have scanned a lot of pages.  And, for me, I have far less crashes if the file has been named.  I definitely do not know why.

While this information probably doesn’t help you very much, maybe it will save you a little time.

Good luck with tech support Monday.

James B

Sent: Sunday, August 06, 2017 12:35 AM

Subject: Re: An OpenBook question while I wait to get accepted on the Openbook users list

Haven’t used it in a while so can’t tell ya, sorry about that! However, yes, I do use ob for some things when I can

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Saturday, August 5, 2017 11:28 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: An OpenBook question while I wait to get accepted on the Openbook users list

If there are any OpenBook 9 users running Windows 10 Creator Edition, 64 bit; have you had any issues with saving files after scanning?

On my system, I get the nebulous error message that something has stopped Openbook from working and Windows will close the program, etc.

I have corresponded with tech support and I tried their repair steps, didn’t work.

I tried their suggestion of uninstalling and reinstalling it into a custom location, still not working.

I did not remove shared components because I thought that would mess up my Jaws installation.

Any thoughts before I have to call tech support on Monday?

Thanks,

Richard

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.