Re: Jaws & desktop issues

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

It is, indeed, their world. Most of the problem is that they simply have no idea. They do not wish us harm, just don't get it. sonshines59@gmail.com

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Randy Barnett
Sent: Wednesday, August 2, 2017 4:19 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws & desktop issues

Its a trend that some sighted people just dont get and since they are in charge...
On 8/2/2017 9:01 AM, Carolyn Arnold wrote:
You know with mine, first thing, Windows M will not bring me to the
Desktop only Windows D, whereupon it says Recycle, which, of course, I
know is the first icon on my Desktop.
Before I go to the Desktop, if I press Insert T, JAWS says, lost
focus, press Alt Tab, well, of course, I have done that, got me as far
as spitting in the wind, then Windows M, no go, but Windows D gets me
there. More and more, as computers are supposed to get better, I have
more and more burdens. In Outlook now, when I come into the Inbox, I
have to go to the Server box, then back to the Inbox, then press
Alt+Tab before any emails will arrive. I don't know how my
husband and I managed to figure that out, but I can say it is a
downright nuisance, and I think a totally unnecessary problem. In
word, sometimes, the last document I closed goes to the bottom of the
folders - why, I haven't the slightest idea, just a little thing that
required extra thought on my part to find the thing. For 12 years, I
used JAWS and Windows system without having to endure such nonsense.
It just makes me wonder what imposition is around the corner.
If I sound disgusted, then, I have gotten my point across.

Best from,

Carolyn