Re: Windows 7, Jaws, and email

rogerbailey81@...

As a matter of fact, I just bought a new Windows 7 computer and downloaded Windows Live Mail. There are some things about it that I like better than Outlook Express and other things that I like Outlook Express for. I am thinking, though, that the real reason I like Outlook Express for some things is because I am just used to it. It took me a little while to figure out where the sub folders in WLM were, but it turns out that all you have to do is to press the right arrow key when you are focused on your in box and it expands with the sent mail, deleted mail, saved mail and so forth folders. You have a different set of sub folders for each account too. The very best thing about WLM is how easy it is to set up an email account with it. When I set up my accounts with Outlook Express I didn't quite know what I was doing and it was a very long and frustrating process. With WLM you just enter your email address and password and WLM does all the rest. Right now my Windows Live Mail has stopped working, though, and I am replying right now through web mail. I think the problem is my security system, though, and I will have to figure out which technical support number to call about it. As a long time Outlook Express user, though, I will say that if I can't get this resolved pretty soon I will look into going back to that. I am just more comfortable with what I am used to.

-----Original Message-----
To: The Jaws for Windows support list. <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Sent: Tue, Nov 22, 2011 7:49 am
Subject: Windows 7, Jaws, and email

Hi all,

Just got a new laptop running Windows 7.
Since I am an old user of Outlook Express, and I do not have Outlook, I am
wondering what the most accessible email client is with Jaws?
How is Windows Live Mail, or Thunderbird?

I am running the most current version of Jaws 13.

Thanks,

Chris

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.