Re: Which Antiviral Programs Now Work Best with JAWS?

Mario,

         Then avail yourself of the Microsoft website.  None of the formal documentation states anything in conflict with what I've offered.  If you have only Windows Defender running on a Windows 7 or earlier system it does not include an antivirus component.

          Two pertinent threads from answers.microsoft.com:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10/microsoft-security-essentials-for-windows-10/16ec3399-e20e-48a0-bf06-bf1208a864a7

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/mse-protect_start/microsoft-security-essentials/5118072d-2a69-4a89-a416-864cf70ddd88

the second of which contains a direct link to one of quietman7's in-depth posts on BleepingComputer about best practices for security and that again reiterates what I've said and the Microsoft site itself says.

Windows Defender, prior to Windows 8, is not an antivirus product and if you don't have either Microsoft Security Essentials or some third-party antivirus or security suite running the conclusion is obvious.

If you don't like someone, the way he holds his spoon will make you furious; if you do like him, he can turn his plate over into your lap and you won't mind.     ~ Irving Becker