Re: two questions

Carol Smith

Thank you. I had the box for all users checked. It is now unchecked. That is what was checked when I loaded the program. Since I am the only user, I didn't think it would make any difference. I guess I will find out when I reboot, but this sounds as though it should help.

Carol

On 7/28/2017 1:15 PM, Matthew Horspool wrote:
Hi Carol,
Assuming you're using it from the keyboard, I think the space bar should activate the item under the touch cursor. If that fails try enter.
I'm not completely sure about your second problem. You say that it's set to come up after windows is loaded, but the problem you're describing sounds more like what happens if there are multiple user accounts on the system and JAWS is coming up before it knows what user account to load. In this instance it will use the settings of the last logged in user to use JAWS.
Can you check the following settings in Options/Basics.../Automatically Start JAWS...?
1. Start JAWS at the logon screen - in the scenario you're describing, this should be unchecked.
2. Start JAWS after logon for all users - this should also be unchecked.
3. Start JAWS after logon for this user - this should be set to Always.
Matthew

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Carol Smith via Groups.Io
Sent: 28 July 2017 18:07
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: two questions

Hi. First, I would like to know if there is a way to click on items that are spoken with the touch cursor. Next, my win7 is set for jaws to start after windows is loaded. The voice that comes up is so slow and gravelly that I can hardly tell what it is saying. The only way to fix it is to reload jaws. Is there a setting somewhere that needs to be changed? Thanks.

Carol