Re: Question about uninstalling an older version of JAWS

HH. Smith Jr.

Hi Mike,

If I remember correctly, after JAWS17 any JAWS installation from version 15 and earlier will not allow version 17 and later  to run correctly. It is best and recommended to remove version 12completely. If you remove shared components it will affect the other versions; therefore, leave the shared components.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike Ulrich
Sent: Thursday, July 27, 2017 8:53 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Question about uninstalling an older version of JAWS

Hi, I just downloaded and installed J 18.0. So now I have J12, J16 and J18 on my laptop. I want to uninstall my J12. So when I went into programs and opened up J16, there was an option to uninstall. Then there was two options; to just uninstall Jaws, or to uninstall Jaws and shared components. Seeing as I have J18 on my laptop; should I select to uninstall just J12 or select to uninstall J12 and shared components?

Michael D. Ulrich

Just an ordinary average blind guy

Florida Council of the Blind

Fundraising Committee Member