Re: JAWS and bookkeeping and payroll software

I am and have been using Sage 50 which before it became Sage 50 was Simply Accounting for over 20 years. There are no scripts, but I am able to do pretty much everything, you have to use tab a lot and sometimes the Jaws cursor. I used to do payroll with it as well, but currently use a Payroll service so I don't have to do this any more.

I own a retail business selling outdoor and hunting gear and I use of course the General journal and I also use Suppliers, the Purchases and Payments journals and look at reports all of which can also be exported to Excel (pretty standard).

I print cheques with it and it works fine, but I am not happy with Sage Accounting as a company. I actually stopped using their payroll module because the annual cost for getting the latest update which included the current tax tables was way too expensive. I am in Canada and once I started using Payworks for doing my payroll I just stopped buying updates. I am currently using the 2014 version.

If I had to start from scratch I would most likely invest in the scripts for Quickbooks although it would be nice if their Online solution would be fully accessible.

Regards,

Sieghard

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Greg Nickel
Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2017 7:58 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: JAWS and bookkeeping and payroll software

Can anyone in the forum lend some advice on the most user friendly, fully accessible bookkeeping software that has payroll function?

Many thanks.

Greg

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.