From: Soronel Haetir
Sent: Tuesday, July 25, 2017 1:02 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: JAWS packaging

And braille wouldn't help me at all.

I wonder what percent of their user base is like that. I was told that
at the age I went blind - finally had to go to a screen reader rather
than magnifier in my late 20s - that it was unlikely that I would ever
become proficient enough with braille for more than short labels.

On 7/25/17, Joseph Norton <joseph.norton@gmail.com> wrote:
If I had never used a computer before and had no sighted assistance, I’m
not
sure if I’d know what to do with the package I received.

Seems like I remember a note in Braille on an older cd cover saying to
run
“d:setup.exe”, but, can’t remember for sure.

I checked the DVD and found nothing but the Basic Training materials.
Admittedly, they’re great, but, there’s also some stuff on the getting
started recording only downloadable from the training downloads page. A
new
user wouldn’t know how to get to that at all.

Most folks, though, would have some help the first time, so, I guess they
figured it would be enough.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10