Problem deleting files

Laura Richardson

Hello,

Using a Dell laptop with Windows 10, Jaws 18, MS Word 2016 …… What I describe below has been happening since I got this computer less than two months ago.

Two different things are happening when I want to delete a file:

1.  Sometimes when I press delete to get rid of a file Jaws says nothing and I have to press alt + tab to get back to the documents and that file is gone …… Jaws does not ask me if I’m sure I want to delete this file.

2.  Sometimes when I press delete Jaws says “this will cancel all transfers in progress” and tells me to press the space bar …… Whether I press the space bar or not Jaws repeatedly tells me this message …… I have to press alt + f4 several times to make this go away so I can alt tab back to the documents at which point that file has been deleted.

There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to which scenario is going to happen when I want to delete a file.  Has anybody dealt with this before? …… Is it possibly some kind of setting that’s not set correctly? …… I just want to press delete and have Jaws ask me if I’m sure I want to delete as I’ve always done in the past.

Laura