Re: My problem with latest update

Randy Barnett <randy@...>

A lot of modern keyboards dont have the left windows or application keys...

On 7/22/2017 9:38 AM, Dave... wrote:
On a standard 101-key keyboard, its right pinky on Insert, Right thumb on Window key, Left pointer on F4.

...and I don't have overly large hands, so the spread is easy once the keys are located.

If learning these combinations is difficult, try applying tactile dots to the Windows and F4 keys.

Dave

Sent: Saturday, July 22, 2017 09:32
Subject: Re: My problem with latest update

I usually reverse hands, press the insert/Jaws key with my left hand and use the right hand to press Windows + F4, after you do it a few times it becomes quite natural and easy.

One thing is that it can take quite long for Jaws to restart, I have seen it taking well over 30 seconds, usually I wait almost a minute and only if nothing happens I try other stuff. Interesting enough if I minimize all applications and then type “J” to go to the Jaws shortcut on my desktop Jaws sometimes starts up which means it apparently sometimes crashes and completely unloads in which case the Insert+Windows+F4 won’t work.