Re: Combo & list boxes/Please help

Randy Barnett <randy@...>

If that is the case maybe disableing page refraes will help.

On 7/22/2017 7:49 AM, Dave... wrote:
These sites often use a "carousel" effect, which is a part of the site that
changes what it displays as a sighted user watches. When they see something
they like, a simple mouse click will launch that item. This carousel effect
can also be used in lists, and I agree that this is likely what Laura might
be experiencing.

Consider a list of choices that is displayed when you open a combo list
titled "beverages". Then picture that this list is restricted to just 4
items to save space on the web page. It could initially offer things like
coffee, tea, cocoa, and water. But as there are usually more than just those
four choices, the list begins to scroll through many other choices, changing
the list just like an escalator, which means that JAWS can't update the
changes in real time.

I wonder if it's possible to virtualize the list or the window to see if
that would freeze the list momentarily to allow us to view it. However if
the list is changing dynamically in the background it seems reasonable that
the virtualized list would soon be outdated.

I'm not sure what we can do with our current JAWS tools, but this might be
what we are experiencing.

Dave