From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On
Behalf Of Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)
Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2017 4:26 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Using Chat Windows with JAWS 18

The VoTalker ran files written in Advance Basic, without
which it would probably have been mute. We were so easily
impressed back then. The software included a little looping
demo, allowing VoTalker to do its stuff--sing bicycle Built
for Two, run some simple sound effects, change speed.
Remember this was 1986.

Ted

From: Michael Mote <miketmote73@...>
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Date: Thursday, July 20, 2017 8:40 am

Hi Nancy! This is very interesting to me. Based on what
you're
saying here, whoever is setting up your AT is making this
tougher on
you than it really should be. At least, I think that's
the case. I
say that because it seems to me that if Narrator can read
the incoming
messages, JAWS should be able to read them as well. To
say that you
cannot run both JAWS and Narrator together is not
accurate. You can
do that, but I wouldn't recommend it. You can switch JAWS
to your
headset, and allow Narrator to run on the computer's sound
card, if you need to do that.
My suggestion would be to figure out a way to make JAWS
read things,
when you want it read, and not when you're in the middle
of a call,
because that can be super distracting. It would be better
for you to
control when messages are read.
I am sending a link below with some information that I
found. I'm
looking for a list of shortcut keys that may help you as
well, but
haven't found that document. I also did a search on my
phone for a
Revation Communicator App, and I found one. I don't know
if this
would be easier to interact with or not.
https://wiki.revation.com/display/KB/Using+Communicator+with
+JAWS

From: David Moore <jesusloves1966@...>
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Date: Wednesday, July 19, 2017 6:42 pm

This is a good discussion. I worked in a call center,
and I had to
listen
to JAWS in one ear, the person on the phone in my second
ear, and my
boss yelling at me with my third ear LOL!
Wow, go figure LOL!
David Moore
Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Randy Barnett <randy@...>
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Date: Wednesday, July 19, 2017 1:13 pm

This sounds like an issue for the IT department.There
are so many
variables with a system like that.

What phone system is it? Is it proprietary?
Does it speak or does Jaws?
If Jaws is reading the chat window then speech
history will have
the message. insert + spacebar then h.
Generally you dont want two screen readers running at
the same time.
On 7/19/2017 9:59 AM, Nancy B. Gibson wrote:
Hi List,

We're starting to use a phone system at work that
includes chat
capability. I'm new to Windows 10 and to JAWS so
struggling a little
to keep up.

Since apparently I'm supposed to be able to listen
to JAWS and
the TTS
at the same time, if I'm focusing on JAWS when a chat
message comes in
and is spoken by the TTS, is there a way to have the
message reread so
I can hear what I missed the first time?

Are there any command conflicts between JAWS and
Narrator if
they have
to both run at the same time?

Hope that makes sense.