Re: Fax by email service client MyFax with JFW18 & Win7

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

Myfax is a subscription.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Hank & Patty
Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2017 7:54 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Fax by email service client MyFax with JFW18 & Win7

Great, thanks for getting back to me so quickly with this web link info on where I can get this program MyFax. Now, you say you sign up online, is it a one time price for this program MyFax & if so, what is the one time cost of this program MyFax? or do you pay a monthly subscription to be able to use this program MyFax & if so do you maybe know what is the monthly subscription price? Thanks very much in advance for any help you can maybe give me with this.

All the best,

Hank

Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2017 10:49 AM

Hi Guys,

http://www.myfax.com/

http://www.metrofax.com/

these are the two I use. You sign up on line.
They are pretty much straitght forward in setting up and using.
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Hank & Patty
Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2017 8:45 AM

Where can a person get this email to fax client program MyFax? Can you download it off the net? or do you pick it up at Walmart or Staples? Lastly, does this program MyFax have a free trial period to try it out? and do I need to download particular jaws scripts to make it posible for Jaws 18 to work very well and easily with this program MyFax? Any help I can maybe get with this would be so very much appreciated. Much thanks in advance for any help anyone can maybe give me with this.

All the best,
Jaws 18, Windows 7 user,

Hank

Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2017 3:14 PM
To: main@... roups.io
Subject: Re: Fax by email services?

MyFax does not, in fact, offer a free option. Strictly pay to play.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: July-19-17 2:04 PM

I have the paid Myfax service (not sure if they offer anything for free), but with it I never even go to a website, it's all done by email. If I want to send a fax I simply send an email to the FaxNumber@... and attach any files I want, they can be text files, Word or Excel files, PDF files, pictures etc. You can put a name or recipient into the Subject field and then just send the email. Anything you write into the email body field is sent as a separate page.
Incoming faxes are received by email as well and the fax is a PDF attachment as James already pointed out.

Regards,
Sieghard

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of James Homuth
Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2017 8:45 AM

I use MyFax, personally, and find it quite useable. The website's very accessible. Of course, you'll need some kind of OCR ability if you intend to receive faxes, as like most companies they send them to you as PDF images, but other than that it's perfect.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Paul Martz
Sent: July-19-17 11:01 AM
Subject: Fax by email services?

Hi all - I'm in need of a fax-by-email service and am wondering which are compatible with JAWS.

Now, you might think, as I did, that the interface to the service would be through email, so it would be as accessible (or not accessible ha ha) as MS Outlook or whatever email client one uses. But, I started looking into eFax just as one example, and it talked about their "friendly and easy to use web interface", which immediately made me worry that the web interface might not be accessible, because, as we all know, "friendly web interfaces" are all too often NOT accessible at all.

Okay, I'll stop being bitter now and summarize my question:

Which fax-by-email services are people using, and has JAWS presented any problem or are they pretty easy to use?

Thanks.
-Paul

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.