From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Nancy B.
Gibson
Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2017 8:39 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Using Chat Windows with JAWS 18

This is a call center also and at first I could listen to JAWS with one ear
and the caller with the other ear. Then we went with In Contact phone
system and I got both JAWS and the caller in the same ear. A little tricky
but I learned real fast to put people on hold so I could function with JAWS.
Now it's this new Revation Communicator system and I think they believe that
as long as what everyone else sees on the screen is read out to me that I
can magically take it all in and process it accordingly -- and stay sane in
the process. Oh yeah, the other part of this is that this is the first time
this company (whoever it is that makes this Revation communicator system)
has endeavored to make their system work with a screen reader. So lots of
assumptions as to how wonderful it will all be. We shall see.

Nancy

From: Randy Barnett <randy@soundtique.net>
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Date: Wednesday, July 19, 2017 1:13 pm

This sounds like an issue for the IT department.There are so many
variables with a system like that.

What phone system is it? Is it proprietary?
Does it speak or does Jaws?
If Jaws is reading the chat window then speech history will have
the message. insert + spacebar then h.
Generally you dont want two screen readers running at the same time.
On 7/19/2017 9:59 AM, Nancy B. Gibson wrote:
Hi List,

We're starting to use a phone system at work that includes chat
capability. I'm new to Windows 10 and to JAWS so struggling a little to
keep up.

Since apparently I'm supposed to be able to listen to JAWS and the TTS
at the same time, if I'm focusing on JAWS when a chat message comes in and
is spoken by the TTS, is there a way to have the message reread so I can
hear what I missed the first time?

Are there any command conflicts between JAWS and Narrator if they have
to both run at the same time?

Hope that makes sense.

Nancy