Re: A Couple of Questions

Randy Barnett <randy@...>

Windows does not give size info for folders. Just files and drives. If you want to know the size of a folder you have to alt + enter on the folder then use the jaws cursor to read the size of the folder by arrowing up until you hear the size of the folder.

On 7/18/2017 5:06 AM, Jason White via Groups.Io wrote:
In File Explorer, make sure you're using the Details View. Move the selection to the file you're interested in, then use right-arrow until you reach the "size" column.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Barbara
Sent: Monday, July 17, 2017 8:08 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: A Couple of Questions

Hello Everyone,

I migrated to JAWS last month. I am still earning things of course.

My first question is for Windows 7, Windows Explorer. If I go through the list of folders etc. using the up or down arrow, how do I hear the amount of space that specific folder or drive is using?

Next I just used Duxbury for the first time since I migrated. I got a message asking me if I wanted to have the JAWS scripts installed. I selected yes and the Duxbury restarted as indicated. I was wondering if there may be other JAWS scripts which I may find of use. How do I find a list? Does Goldwave have a similar script? I did not get a similar prompt when I used Goldwave in the past few weeks.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Barbara