Re: My problem with latest update

Paul Hunt <prhunt1@...>

Hello everybody. I'm experiencing the same issue with JAWS 18 and Windows 10. Repairing JAWS 18 didn't resolve the issue. Don, have you raised this issue with VFO Technical support? What version of Windows 10 are you running?
Paul

On Jul 16, 2017, at 7:29 PM, Jason White via Groups.Io <jason@...> wrote:

Did you try running a JAWS repair (on version 18)? This procedure fixed JAWS crashes I was encountering earlier this year. I’m still experiencing crashes, but they seem to be related to very specific situations.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Don Moore
Sent: Saturday, July 15, 2017 6:46 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: My problem with latest update

Hi List,

                Actually, I have been having this same problem with the last 4 updates. When I am using JAWS 18 on my Windows 10 machine, it will work fine for a while; however, JAWS suddenly crashes without notice. It always happens when I am using Microsoft software, including Outlook 2013, Word 2013 and Internet Explorer 11.

                The problem first occurred in the early versions of JAWS 18, then it was fixed in a few builds, then it started occurring again around January or February. The latest update worked fine for about 2 hours, so I thought they had it fixed again, but then it crashed.

                When JAWS 18 crashes, I cannot seem to generate an error report and other screen readers won’t work properly either, so I have to turn off my PC and turn it on again with the on/off button.

                JAWS 17 works fine all the time, so I am unloading JAWS 18 and launching JAWS 17 until I can get this fix.

                Any help will be appreciated.

                Thanks in advance,

                Don