specifying where to start in goldwave

Mario

using goldwave, I want to seperate a long mp3 tutorial that contains 2
tutorials and have tried the specify command from the view menu, but the
start and finish markers are reported as being set for the same amount
of time when I press control+w after I am returned to the window.
for example, I press control+w and the start and finish markers ar
reported as being set to 24 minutes instead of the finish marker being
set to 51 minutes. and even pressing control+shift+end does not make a
difference; both markers are still reported as being set to 24 minutes.
is there another way to move the start marker to a position other than 0
while leaving the finish marker at the end of the mp3?