Re: an update question

John Martyn

Yes your latest Settings will be saved if you do updates to draw is 18 and any other Jones products if you migrate from jaws 18 or even a lower version it will migrate to settings into your new job is folder if it request if you want to migrate those settings it will ask you. Install if you want that. Hope this helps, John Martin MARTYN

On Fri, Jul 14, 2017 at 8:14 PM Bill White <billwhite92701@...> wrote:
1. Go to the shortcut key on your desktop.
2. Once it is highlighted, Press ALT plus Enter.
3. Tab to where it says: Hotkey, None.
4. Press the letter J.
5. Tab to Apply, and press ENTER.
6. If it says that Access is denied, and that it needs administrator permissions, press ENTER.
7. Press Tab until you get to OK, and press ENTER.

That's all there is to assigning a hotkey to a shortcut.

Bill White
Billwhite92701@...

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Carolyn Arnold
Sent: Friday, July 14, 2017 6:52 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: an update question

Bill, I couldn't believe about the hot keys, stupidly unloaded JAWS. You're right. So, I had to shut down blind, as it were. Now, could you tell me please how I reset the hot key. I think that is the most idiotic thing I can imagine happening with JAWS. For years, I've used that key combination to load JAWS. Thank you for the steps and for telling us, so I wasn't caught by surprise.

Best from,

Carolyn