Re: seeking JAWS friendly project management and collaboration programs

Van Lant, Robin

I am a project manager at my company. I rely on Excel for project management. It's still clunky, but at least accessible. I've not heard good things about Project.

As for collaboration, we use a few things in our company. Internally we use network drives, SharePoint, and another project tracking tool called EPPIC. WE also used to use a wiki media platform. I don't use EPPIC much and my colleagues aren't thrilled with it. I don't think it's that accessible, but I'd have to go test it more to be sure.

SharePoint is not bad if you are just adding documents and maintaining document items. Designing pages does not work well with speech at all as it's often reading lines well above where the cursor is actually. There is an accessibility link on the page which essentially makes drop down menus appear on a new page. I do rely on some of my remaining vision, but I can test things more if you need help.

Everything we do in our company is behind a firewall. If you are sharing documents with outside people, you might see if Google docs would work for you.

Happy to talk more if you'd like. I'm sure we can learn from each other.

Robin Van Lant

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Joseph Zesski
Sent: Thursday, July 13, 2017 7:57 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: seeking JAWS friendly project management and collaboration programs

Hi everyone,
I took over a project management role in my organization. Being new to the position, I have not worked with different PM software before. Can anyone recommend a program that is fairly JAWS compatible? And similarly, I am collaborating on a project with a team at different locations and from different organizations. Is anyone aware of a collaboration platform that is JAWS friendly? I have heard the MS SharePoint is somewhat accessible, but that you must purchase outside tools to help improve its usability. If anyone is aware of a good platform for project/document sharing, I would appreciate any tips.
Thanks!
Joe

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114
If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@key.com with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the
SUBJECT line.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.