Re: shortcut to increase volume

Chris G <jedikent@...>

If you want a global hot key to rase and lower the volume, I like a
product called Stascom Utility Suite from:
http://www.stascom.co.za/

This has two major benefits as far as I can see.
1. Control-Windows-Up or down arrows will rase and lower the volume.
2. You get tones so you can hear the volume going up or down.
3. You can't go down below a preset volume that you choose.
4. It can unmute the sound device if you accidentally press the mute button.
It does this automatically just after you press the mute button or on
system start if it is muted. Note, if you are prompted for a password
and the computer is muted, it'll be muted until you sign in as this
program doesn't run as a service at the login screen.

It has other utilities built in too, such as a talking clock and a
password generator you can use globally. Note: it isn't a password
manager.

Chris Grabowski
Mystic Access
Where the magic is in learning.
https://www.MysticAccess.com
Ready to begin using your assistive technology with confidence while actually having fun? Visit us to learn about our comprehensive audio tutorials, one-on-one support and ongoing teleclasses. We also offer eclectic and timely assistive technology podcasts, a newsletter containing exclusive news and discounts, regularly updated free downloads, and so much more.
Contact:
Phone: (716) 543-3323 (Ext. 500)
Twitter: MysticAccess
Facebook: mysticaccessempower

On Wed, 12 Jul 2017 04:07:13 -0700
"Mike B." <mb69mach1@charter.net> wrote:

Hi Denise,

There isn't a default volume control keystroke, but you can create 1. Below
are 3 different ways of putting a shortcut on the desktop, & then you create
a shortcut keystroke for quick access. Here you go:
#1:
Open the c drive.
Open the Windows folder.
Find and open system32.
Find sndvol.exe.
Open the context menu.
Find desktop, create shortcut and press enter.
Create a shortcut key working with the item on the desktop just as you
have in other versions of Windows.

#2:
From: david
1, go to desktop,
Windows key+m,

2, press the keystroke,
Ctrl+spacebar,
To unselect all icons.

3, press the applications key, and down arrow and enter on, New sub menu.

4, now arrow and enter on,
New shortcut.

5,Now type the following in the edit box,
sndvol
6, tab next, press enter.
You will see/hear;
sndvol.exe
Tab finish press enter.

Now, if you would like a hot-key,

1, desktop,
Press the letter "s" until you hear,
sndvol.exe.

2, now press alt+enter to bring up the properties,

3, tab until you hear;
Shortcut key none,
Here you could type "v"=volume or what ever letter you wish, Now press
enter.
So, alt+ctrl+v would bring up the sndvol properties page.

Hope this helps.
David

#3:
From: Kimsan
Hello:
You can type in sndvol in the search and the volume control will appear.
If you want a shortcut on the desktop, you can do the following:
1. windows key e for windows explorer
2. Find your c drive and press enter.
3. Press w until you arrive to windows.
4. type the word system so you will arrive to system32 and press enter.
5. Now type: SNDSVole and you will land on SNDVol.exe.
6. Press shift f 10 or the applications key and arrow down until you find
send to and expand that submenu.
7. Look for the desktop choice and press enter.
Kimsan

Take care.
Kimsan
Take care. Mike. Go Dodgers!