one-hand keyboard

David Pearson

Hello all:

Lost use of my left hand(as well as eyesight) due to stroke while undergoing surgical procedure several years ago. Consequently, am now one hand(right)typist.

Tried to re-learn typing with conventional keyboard, but extremely difficult. Have been using one-hand keyboard offered by Matias corp. for several years.

It makes liberal use of the space bar to "shift" the letters/keys to useful typing hand. Am using Dell desktop pc, Windows7, and Jaws18. Not endorsing product/company, and it may not befor everyone, but works well for my situation.

Sure that it could be configured for either typing hand, and requires practice. Believe to be Canadian company. Not sure of price, but American $ is currently at a premium.

Sincerely,

David S. Pearson