Reading Read Only Calendar with JAWS

Rahul Bajaj

Hi Everyone,

I am required to use an application which contains a read only
calendar. As per my understanding, the two main ways to make such a
box work with JAWS is to: (a) press enter on the read only field and
see if the calendar pops up anywhere on the page or (b) press the left
mouse button (insert+8) on the graphic button below the read only box.
However, I am unable to activate the calendar by following any of the
above two approaches. Does anyone have any ideas as to what I could do
to interact with this box and activate the calendar?

I am using JAWS 16, Windows 8.1 and Firefox.

Best,
Rahul