From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Barbara
Sent: Saturday, July 08, 2017 9:55 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws 18 And Table Mode

Hello,

I had a somewhat similar issue just this week.

I called up VFO and got some answers for this.  I am guessing if it is the same information as my situation it is caused by smart navigation.  You can toggle this off if you want.  While in Internet Explorer or whatever browser you are using, press insert-v.  This gives you many settings related to the corresponding program.  In the search box type smart for the first word that you are searching for.  I had two matches.  I cannot recall, but I think you tab to the two results.  You can up/down arrow to the choices.  You can make changes and tab to save or close or something.  Sorry I am not familiar to recall the exact details, but I am sure you can follow those OK.  Smile.

That fixed my issue.  I asked the general purpose of smart navaigation.  I was told that when JAWS recognized a table, it allows you to use the arrow keys to move around.  It is to simplify tables.  It is on by default.

I hope this helps.

Barbara