Re: Strange problem with JAWS in windows 10 sign-up screen #cal-notice

denis.sariyannis@...

Hi,
I can easily reinstall the computer but I want to avoid it cause it's
time consuming. If I can't fix the problem I might do it anyway.

Thanks
Denis

You should submit feedback for this. Then call the disability hotline.
As it is going to be very hard to diagnose and probably is going to
require a reinstall witch may or may not fix the problem...

On 7/5/2017 11:00 PM, denis.sariyannis@... wrote:

Hi all,
I'm facing a very strange problem with JAWS 18.0.2945 and Windows 10
(Creators update).

When I start my laptop the Windows sign-up screen appears and JAWS
gets started. The first problem is that I can't navigate through the
elements on the screen by pressing the Tab key. JAWS just says "Tab"
with a huge delay and nothing more. Using the touch screen I can go
through the things on the screen but JAWS is very slow. When I press
another key on the keyboard the focus jumps into the password field
which is good. I can even navigate with Tab now but every announcement
from JAWS comes with a huge delay. It takes a second or two after
pressing a key. So I sign up and the desktop appears. Usually JAWS
works fine now but sometimes the extreme slugishness follows JAWS
through all things I do.

With NVDA or Narrator these problems do not exist and it works well.
So there isn't a process that slows down the whole system. The delay
after pressing a key is also very static so its not a performance issue.

Even more strange: At the sign-up screen where JAWS reacts so slowly I
can start Narrator. As soon as Narrator is running JAWS works well
without any issue. But of course NARRATOR and JAWS are speaking
simultaneously and so that isn't a solution. ;) When I turn Narrator
off JAWS again acts badly like I described above.

I ran the JAWS setup again "/type repair" but it didn't help.
Do you have any idea? Is there something I could try? I want to avoid
reinstalling Windows.
Thank you very much for your help!

Best regards
Denis