Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

Right. I did that too, and that works.

Best from,

Carolyn

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Randy Barnett
Sent: Wednesday, July 5, 2017 9:27 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: How do I lock the Insert key?

I am sorry but I dont know what you mean by "NO". If you use windows + B then arrow down you will hear the time followed by the date. it is the last item in the list. Very easy to do one handed. I tried.
On 7/5/2017 1:03 PM, Carolyn Arnold wrote:
I used the Insert key up near the F12, different on some keyboards, but fairly close. I got it one-handed with left and right hand. I realize that a child's hand would be smaller, so thinking, maybe little finger and thumb could do it. Otherwise could you reassign a hot key and make Alt-Z do it?

Best from,

Carolyn
-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Carol Smith via Groups.Io
Sent: Wednesday, July 5, 2017 3:57 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: How do I lock the Insert key?

Hi John,

I don't know enough about Windows commands, but if your friend can already use a computer one-handed, then he/she must already be somewhat more familiar with one-handed typing mode. So far as using the insert key with any command that requires pressing a key more than once, I am thinking this may not be possible. Sorry, I gave you the only information I know about with regard to using Jaws keys. Maybe someone else can provide a better answer.

Carol

On 7/5/2017 9:17 AM, John O'Regan wrote:
Hi Carol,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, your suggestion does not solve
my problem. Imagine you only have one hand and you can only press one
key at a time. How can you lock the JAWS key so you can press F12
twice quickly to hear the date?

BFN!

John

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.