From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Shirley Tracy
Sent: Friday, June 30, 2017 10:10 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Having challenge with Character count in microsoft office

Hi Adekoya ,

I tried it just for fun, although I seldom need to know the character count. Well, I'm running JAWS 18 and Windows 7. It didn't work for me either. In fact, with Windows 7, and Word 2016, I got something screwy when I tried the first suggestion of control plus shift plus l.
Maybe you are all talking about Windows 10, which I hope I never have to learn. (LOL)

I only put my 2 cents in to validate your dilemma.
Shirley Tracy
author
OPERATION CODE CHARLIE
now available at major book sellers

---- Adekoya Rasak <rasakadekoya@gmail.com> wrote:

=============
Hi Carolyn and Mario,

I still encounter this same challenge even after pressing alt r and w.
I will try to install later version of Jaws 18 to see if I will still
encounter same experience.

Thank.

On 29/06/2017, Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@windstream.net> wrote:
You can press Control+Shift+L, which will give you word, but also character
count.

Best from,

Carolyn