Re: Big problem with JAWS and Excel.

Ralf Kefferpuetz

Hello,

to see if any cloud service causes this problems I recommend to save one of the mentioned workbooks to your local documents folder and open it from there. If the problem is gone we have to look to the cloud services, if not, something else is causing your problems.

Regards,

Ralf

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of allan.milne@...
Sent: Donnerstag, 29. Juni 2017 18:53
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Big problem with JAWS and Excel.

hello,
Just joined this group and first post so please be gentle ... :D

I too have this issue with latest update of Jaws 18, Windows 10 and Excel 2016.
Some spreadsheets work fine, others do not - does not seem to relate to the size of the sheet or its complexity, in fact I can't find any correlation between the sheet and this abnormal behaviour.

The problem often starts with very, very slow (>10 seconds) response to any keystrokes in Excel to, for example, use the arrows to move to the next cell.
It can then get progressively worse with no apparent speech at all - leaving me in total ignorance of what is going on; sometimes I am able to ctrl-alt-del to the task manager and use this to close the Excel process but on a couple of occasions Jaws itself seems to have stopped and I have to restart.
)
I note the comment from one reply about non-local files; mine are all local but I do have them in my OneDrive folder and the office upload centre seems also to be doing some magic with them and wonder if this has anything to do with it.

I also note that no solution has yet been posted; I really do need a fix for this as I use Excel a great deal for my personal information and this is really starting to have a detrimental effect.

regards,
Allan

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.