Re: Bible software for Windows 10

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

One last question, Sharon, are you saying that a disk differs from what’s on download?  As I indicated, even without the missing books, the download differed radically from what you would find in a Catholic bookstore, or from my old faithful disk.  However, I’m perfectly willing to try again, I’m bound and determined to find what I want somehow or other.  I’ll try and contact them sometime today.

Ted

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of M. D. Justice
Sent: Monday, June 26, 2017 8:45 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Bible software for Windows 10

I have used downloaded software and modules from the OnlineBible.net website for many years, and I am now on Windows 10. There are quite a few Bible versions (KJV, Webster, American Standard Version, etc.) that are no longer under copyright and therefore free downloads, and there are some available copyright versions (such as 1984 NIV) for a small one time fee. Free Modules include Strong’s concordance, commentaries, dictionaries, and other resources. Word search and phrase serch can be set for the entire Bible or specified segments, and it is possible to search by Strong’s numbers. The OLB organization has a good business relationship with Answers in Genesis.

Mike Justice,

Sent: Monday, June 26, 2017 11:02 AM

Sharon, I downloaded. In fact, the recommendation came from you.

Ted

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sharon
Sent: Monday, June 26, 2017 9:22 AM

Just ask for another DVD!

I’m sure he will correct the mistake.

Never had a situation like that on my end, or from any other user I know!

Sharon

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)
Sent: Monday, June 26, 2017 8:51 AM

Watch them, though.  My copy of the NAB had several books missing, including every single book that contained only one chapter, and the entire book of acts.  Navigating their stuff is a pleasure, but I found this a rather serious omission.  I first got suspicious when I found their book total to be wrong.

Also, I was looking for a true study Bible, like the print copies I could buy in a bookstore, or like the one I had, but got nothing but the basic text.

Ted

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sharon
Sent: Saturday, June 24, 2017 8:23 PM

Also make sure you get Optasia.org library, as it has all of the translations in many different formats.

Sharon

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Saturday, June 24, 2017 8:10 PM

Thanks very much for this.

I ought to have been more descriptive.

We need more than one translation, preferably including the NRSV as well as KJV and if possible The Message.

I know much of this can be gotten on line, but having a program on the computer where one can search for and copy verses with chapter and verse numbers is much easier.

Thanks,

Richard

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Robert Cole
Sent: Saturday, June 24, 2017 3:58 PM

Hy,
I have used this for years.
http://www.theophilos.com/

On 6/24/2017 3:40 PM, Richard Turner wrote:

Does anyone know of Bible software that works with windows 10 and Jaws?

Or, just works with Windows 10?

My wife had to buy a new computer and her old Bible software will not install on Windows 10.  It was written for Windows 3.1…

Thanks,

Richard

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.