Re: Opening Outlook attachments

Van Lant, Robin

Another trick you might try that I have used in Outlook 2010 is to go to the File menu and select Save all attachments.  I’ve done this when attachments are embedded and it seems to work. You might get an extra image file or something you did not want, but at least it helps you find the good stuff, too.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Michael Mote
Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2017 6:41 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Opening Outlook attachments

Hi Ted!  You are correct.  It is very hard to find when attachments are embedded in an email.  I normally have to use the JAWS or touch cursor to find them.  If you encounter an email like this, the Insert plus A key stroke will not work. 

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)
Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2017 8:31 AM

I’ll try to remember that.  Also, and I don’t  understand all I know about this, there are two ways of handling attachments.  One has them in plain sight, while the other virtually embeds them, and you have to really treasure hunt for them.

Ted

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Michael Mote
Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2017 8:28 AM

Hi Danny!  Have you tried pressing Insert plus A.  this should place you in a list of attachments.  From there, you can use your arrow keys to find the attachments.  Good luck!

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Yates, Danney
Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2017 4:58 PM
Subject: Opening Outlook attachments

Using JAWS 18 and Outlook 2013.  When I tab over to see attachments, can rarely gat JAWS to read me the titles, might read the first one or two, but not those remaining.  How can I get a display of the attachments?

Thanks forany help,

Danney

Roosevelt Warm Springs

Danney Yates, M.Ed, CRC

Director of Residential and Campus Life

Residential and Campus Life

Office: (706) 655-5129  Fax: (706) 655-5118  Georgia Relay: 711

6135 Roosevelt Highway│P.O. Box 1000 │Warm Springs, GA 31830

www.gvs.ga.gov                                       

*Emails may now be sent to: Danney.Yates@...*

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.