Re: Opening Outlook attachments

Bob Hicks

Yes, this works in Word, but it didn’t seem to work for me.  I’ll try again.  Tnx for the tip.

Have a great day!

Bob Hicks

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2017 3:33 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Opening Outlook attachments

Removing "Protected View" should be the same, it is under File menu > Info and Alt+F followed by I and E usually works for me.

Not sure why autofill doesn't work for you.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bob Hicks
Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2017 12:09 PM

Thanks Sieghard, I’ll try that. 

I know how            to get Word 2016 documents out of protectedview, but how do you get Excel 2016 documents out of protected view?  The same set of key strokes doesn’t work for Excel.

Also, how do you get Excel 2016 to auto fill?  I checked the settings and they all seem to be in the correct position.  I do my time sheet in Excel and there are many words duplicated and it is a pain typing “lunch” 10 times.

Have a great day!

Bob Hicks

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2017 12:04 PM

If you use Shift+F10 and select “Open” do Excel attachments still not open in Excel?

I think I did also have this issue at one point, but only if I pressed enter on the attachment. I unfortunately can’t remember what I did or if I did anything. On my current laptop Excel attachments do open in Excel if I press enter on them. You might want to try Microsoft Accessibility since this is something where I think they could probably help you.

Regards,

Sieghard

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bob Hicks
Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2017 6:36 AM

I can find Outlook 2016 attachments and I can open Word attachments, but for the life of me I cannot open Excel 2016 attachments.  What is the secret to opening Excel attachments?  tia

Have a great day!

Bob Hicks

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tom Behler
Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2017 8:39 AM

Thanks, Sieghard.

I was not aware of this alternate command for accessing Outlook e-mail attachments, and will give it a try here.

Tom Behler

Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2017 11:17 PM

You can also try Jaws Key+A when you are in an open message, it usually put focus on the attachments list.

You can then use right arrow or left arrow to move around, Jaws says “Press Alt+Down arrow for more options” and either that or Shift+F10 will open the menu where you have things like “Open”, “Save As”, “Save All Attachments”, “Remove Attachment” etc.

Regards,

Sieghard

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tom Behler
Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2017 6:00 PM

Danney:

I’m  using Outlook 2016, but you should be able to access all attachments by first doing a shift-tab, and then, once in the attachments list, use your right and left arrow keys to get the names of those attachments.

At least,  this has always worked for me.

Am using  Jaws 18 here.

Tom Behler

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Yates, Danney
Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2017 4:58 PM
Subject: Opening Outlook attachments

Using JAWS 18 and Outlook 2013.  When I tab over to see attachments, can rarely gat JAWS to read me the titles, might read the first one or two, but not those remaining.  How can I get a display of the attachments?

Thanks forany help,

Danney

Roosevelt Warm Springs

Danney Yates, M.Ed, CRC

Director of Residential and Campus Life

Residential and Campus Life

Office: (706) 655-5129  Fax: (706) 655-5118  Georgia Relay: 711

6135 Roosevelt Highway│P.O. Box 1000 │Warm Springs, GA 31830

www.gvs.ga.gov                                       

*Emails may now be sent to: Danney.Yates@...*

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.