Re: Will this new Microsoft speech dictation software work well with JAWS?

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

That got it, thanks.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Russell Solowoniuk
Sent: Friday, June 23, 2017 9:11 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Will this new Microsoft speech dictation software work well with JAWS?

You can just press the Windows key and then start typing “Downloads” in the search field! :)

On Jun 23, 2017, at 6:52 AM, Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS) <ted.lisle@...> wrote:

This is interesting.  I downloaded Sumatra, but can’t find it.  It didn’t ask me where I wanted it, so I assume it’s in Downloads.  Anybody remember how to go there—embarrassing!

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)
Sent: Friday, June 23, 2017 7:57 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Will this new Microsoft speech dictation software work well with JAWS?

Sounds interesting.  I tried one a while back from the same British outfit that brought us the Thunder screen reader.  It would read just about anything, but navigation was awful.  You just started at the beginning and plowed straight through.  Heaven help you if you had to stop and close the reader.  Forget trying to get back where you were.

Ted

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Randy Barnett
Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2017 6:08 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Will this new Microsoft speech dictation software work well with JAWS?

I am more interested in this: Sumatra PDF

SumatraPDF is well-known as probably the simplest, fastest PDF reader available for Windows. It's small so it loads things fast, and can be run from a USB drive. But it's more than PDFs. It also reads comic book files (in CBZ and CBR formats) and ebooks (ePub and Mobi files), among other things.

On 6/22/2017 2:53 PM, Mike B. wrote:

Hi Tim,

They don't just talk about 1 piece of software / program, they discuss many programs for doing different things, & rate them.

Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2017 2:37 PM

Subject: Will this new Microsoft speech dictation software work well with JAWS?

Hi All,

In today’s Tech Tidbits email, there is a listing as follows:

According to PC Magazine, this is "The Best Free Software of 2017":

Does anyone have any feedback on whether this new product is indeed accessible?

Tim Ford

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.