To answer the other persons question, no you don't need to know HTML or any other type of coding as word press covers the basics but if you want to get more in depth it wouldn't hurt to know son. By in-depth I mean making your website look nicer. Like say you wanted to make a list with headings at the top and then a list of items below that. You might need to know some HTML in order to do that.
I learned the word press on the fly back into thousand nine, but I'm sure if you Google there will be some beginner tutorials out there somewhere. You might also check on bard if you have that because I've seen they posted some books on WordPress from time to time. They should at least have one or two that can help a blind individual with who is just beginning withWordPress. Some of the books might be slightly out of date, but they should have some useful information.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 22, 2017, at 12:55 PM, James Homuth <james@the-jdh.com> wrote:

I'm not Steve, but as with everything, knowing HTML5, or PHP, or things like
that will make things easier. WordPress can cover the basics well enough,
and there are plugins for just about everything, but if you want to get
fancy with web design, you're gonna need to get your hands dirty.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Aidan
Sent: June-22-17 1:49 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: How accessible is Word Press for creating websites with JAWS?

Hi.
So steve, tell me, do you need to know html 5 or any of that well to build a
site with wordpress? Or are they doing it in a easyer way?

On 22/06/2017, Steve Nutt <steve@comproom.co.uk> wrote:
Hi David,

I built my own web site at http://www.comproom.co.uk using Wordpress.

I also offer Wordpress training for those interested, and I am totally
blind.

And yes, I have used JAWS and Window-Eyes and NVDA for web development.

All the best

Steve