Re: I am selling my Jaws 18

bob jutzi <jutzi1@...>

On 6/21/2017 6:06 PM, John Farley wrote:
Hi Bob,
I am in the UK and have a JAWS licence and so will not be buying your licence, sorry about that. However, could you please answer the following?
What applications do you use NVDA for which are also covered by JAWS?
Word 2013 along with Omnipage Ultimate for scanning as well as Outlook, Winamp, Firefox, iTunes, Acrobat Reader, to name some.>
More to the point, what could JAWS do for you that NVDA cannt?
Really nothing. I am unemployed, so don't have a job requiring any specialized software where a Jaws script may be needed for more accessibility. Plus NVDA is extremely snappy. For starters, the installer is only about a 19mb file, installation doesn't even take a minute since it doesn't require a system reboot, and most, if not all, settings can be changed on the fly.
Example, voice settings can either be changed by Ins-N, P, V (NVDA menu, Preferences, Voice settings) or Control-Ins-V from anywhere .

Regards, John
Tel: +44 (0) 1442 259243
Mob: +44 (0) 7815 056076
*From:*main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] *On Behalf Of *bob jutzi
*Sent:* Wednesday, June 21, 2017 8:04 PM
*To:* main@jfw.groups.io
*Subject:* I am selling my Jaws 18
The subject says it all.
After using Jaws since mid. May, I decided to part with my Jaws 18 and stick with NVDA which has been my steady screen reader for the past two years. Along with my preferring the UI of NVDA and the fact that it supports everything I use extremely well, both my wife and I are unemployed so I can't warrant spending money on screen access for the foreseeable future.
$275 and I will cover the $75 transfer fee. I do take Paypal, jutzi@twc.com <mailto:jutzi@twc.com>.
I will Email serial and authorization numbers upon transfer of license.