Re: Open Book & Jaws 18

Don H

I would look in the control panel under devices and printers to see if the scanner shows up.

On 6/15/2017 6:28 PM, george b wrote:
So have you tried using the scanner not through open book
What kind of scanner is it
*From:*main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] *On Behalf Of *Laura Richardson
*Sent:* June 15, 2017 15:34
*To:* main@jfw.groups.io
*Subject:* Re: Open Book & Jaws 18
I’m setup to not get any updates unless I do it myself and I didn’t so that’s probably not the issue.
Laura
*From:* main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] *On Behalf Of *george b
*Sent:* Thursday, June 15, 2017 5:27 PM
*To:* main@jfw.groups.io
Awh there was a windows update this morning maybe this did it to you
*From:* main@jfw.groups.io <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io> [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] *On Behalf Of *Laura Richardson
*Sent:* June 15, 2017 15:23
*To:* main@jfw.groups.io <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io>
I use Open Book every day …… I don’t have sighted help and that’s the only way I have to read my mail. I’ve had this laptop for about a month now and things have been working fine until today.
Laura
*From:* main@jfw.groups.io <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io> [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] *On Behalf Of *Jennifer Jackson
*Sent:* Thursday, June 15, 2017 5:17 PM
*To:* main@jfw.groups.io <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io>
Has it been a long time since you used Openbook? I first installed Openbook on my laptop in December and was having some of the same problems. I called Freedom Scientific and had to get the newest update for Openbook and a firmware installation for my Pearl camera The one for the camera was not under the usual downloads link. Sorry I do not remember more specifically to give you all the steps. I also end up using the F 4 button to get it to scan
Jennifer J
On Jun 15, 2017, at 3:43 PM, Laura Richardson <laurakr65@gmail.com <mailto:laurakr65@gmail.com>> wrote:
Hello,
I’m using Open Book version 9 and Jaws 18 …… I can’t get Open Book
to scan a document. Usually I open the program and press the space
bar to scan. When I press the space bar to scan it says “Open Book
untitled one”. If I press the space bar again it says “Acquisition
canceled”.
Can anybody help? …… I’ve never had this problem before.
Thanks,
Laura

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.