Re: Open Book & Jaws 18

David & his pack of dogs

This is what happened to me and I’m not sure if it will help.  I forgot to install the CD that came with the scanner.  Once that was done and I did the previously mentioned options, selecting advanced in the open book 9, then arrowing down to device selection, selected the scanner, then closed open book.  It worked fine.   

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Laura Richardson
Sent: June 15, 2017 3:32 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Open Book & Jaws 18

This was all setup for me about a month ago and has been working fine until today.  I really don’t know about how to setup or much of anything else about this kind of stuff.  Is there a simple way to fix this problem? …… Not sure why this is a problem just out of the blue.

Laura

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of george b
Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2017 5:25 PM

Did you set up the scanner in openbook before you tri to select it?

If there is no devices set up there will be no choice in the box and if it says scanner it is the defalt but will not work if you did not set up the scanner first through openbook

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Laura Richardson
Sent: June 15, 2017 15:20

After I press enter on device selection it tells me there is a combo box to select the device.  I’ve pressed alt plus down arrow and alt plus up arrow and can’t open the combo box.  Is there another way to open this combo box?

Laura

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of george b
Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2017 5:11 PM

I went to advanced in the menu bar

Down to select device and hit enter

Then just up or down arrow to the device I want to use.

Then hit enter to make that one the one to use.

Sent: June 15, 2017 14:56

I went to advanced and then device selection.  It tells me there is no scanner selected and gives me a combo box that I can’t open …… How do I open the combo box to select the scanner?

Laura

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ashleigh Piccinino
Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2017 4:22 PM

It’s in the advanced tab under “device selection …” There, you should be ale to select your scanner and all. Please e-mail the group with more questions like this when you have them.

Happy scanning,

Ashleigh Piccinino

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2017 4:04 PM

Hi Laura,

Did you check to see if the correct scanner is selected? I can’t quite recall where to go for this, either “Advanced > Devices, or Launch > devices?

Russell

On Jun 15, 2017, at 2:43 PM, Laura Richardson <laurakr65@...> wrote:

Hello,

I’m using Open Book version 9 and Jaws 18 …… I can’t get Open Book to scan a document.  Usually I open the program and press the space bar to scan.  When I press the space bar to scan it says “Open Book untitled one”.  If I press the space bar again it says “Acquisition canceled”.

Can anybody help? …… I’ve never had this problem before.

Thanks,

Laura

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.