From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Shannon
Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2017 9:36 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Problem selecting text from the screen, OCR won't work?

Good morning,

I have a report opened to the display in the accounting program. It opens in another window.

I want to select the text to paste it in word.

I can read the report with the invisible curser but not with the mouse, or pc curser.

I don’t know if or how the invisible curser selects text. I couldn’t get anything to paste into word.

I then thought ok I’ll try OCR but the command for screen only says “ Started, finished, JAWS”

I get the same with trying the window to OCR. There is nothing to read.

What could I be doing wrong?

Does OCR care which curser is active?

Yes, I know I could run this report as a pdf and save it somewhere and then open it in Adobi reader to select the text but I thought just steeling it from the screen would be quicker and less messy.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Shannon