Re: Jaws updates

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

Have you tried to use Jaws Convenient OCR on that screen? Often you can find and click things which optherwise are not accessible.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of bob jutzi
Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2017 5:23 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws updates

I'm experiencing a similar issue.  I have a Samsung 850 Evo SSD.  Neither Jaws or Window-eys can read the strange UI of Samsung's proprietary software, Samsung Magician in order to enable the fast-boot feature called Rapid; however, this is workable with NVDA.  It does take a lot of mousing around with a physical mouse, as well as adapting to NVDA's speaking of the different functions; example, rather than Rapid, it will speak DRapid and you need to locate and click a button labeled DRapid.  I spent almost half an hour trying this with Jaws but simply not possible.  But then, no screen reader is 100% perfect in all situations.  It's all about the needs of the user.

On 6/13/2017 8:03 PM, David & his pack of dogs wrote:

There are some things Window Eyes will read but Jaws won’t. I am thinking of a YouTube converter.  Window Eyes would read the different formats you could convert the movie or music too, JAWS doesn’t read those formats out.  Neither does NVDA. So, JAWS is my main screen reader but, wen it doesn’t read out something, I close it and open up Window Eyes.  I also have NVDA on my computer as well as a third choice.  A JAWS user set up, the Ctr,alt as a shortcut. I want JAWS, I just hit ctr,altJ.