Re: Jaws updates

Angel

All one has to do is to, if no other option is available, is to put in a separate account, the amount. If necessary, one can have, attached to that account, a debit card. With which to pay for the smas. Or, one can not spend the entire amount allocated for Supplemental Security payments. We haven't any difficulty paying for our other financial obligations. Why should this financial obligation, though possibly self imposed, be different?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Carolyn Arnold" <4carolyna@windstream.net>
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2017 9:11 PM
Subject: Re: Jaws updates

It's not that simple. How is the five dollars a month going to FVO, off a charge card, automatic withdrawal from a bank account (what bank account in some cases? Some get their Social Security or SSI on a credit card),from the mail. Then one has to remember to write a check monthly, address an envelope, put a stamp on it, or is FVO going to send a statement? There are too many logistics for that to work. It makes mathematical sense to put aside five dollars a month toward sending in the SMA, but for people on marginal incomes, there are too many other things that absorb that money, yes, even Star Bucks on occasion, maybe.

Best from,

Carolyn