Re: Jaws updates

Angel

All one has to do is to, if no other option is available, is to put in a separate account, the amount. If necessary, one can have, attached to that account, a debit card. With which to pay for the smas. Or, one can not spend the entire amount allocated for Supplemental Security payments. We haven't any difficulty paying for our other financial obligations. Why should this financial obligation, though possibly self imposed, be different?

----- Original Message -----
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2017 9:11 PM
Subject: Re: Jaws updates

It's not that simple. How is the five dollars a month going to FVO, off a charge card, automatic withdrawal from a bank account (what bank account in some cases? Some get their Social Security or SSI on a credit card),from the mail. Then one has to remember to write a check monthly, address an envelope, put a stamp on it, or is FVO going to send a statement? There are too many logistics for that to work. It makes mathematical sense to put aside five dollars a month toward sending in the SMA, but for people on marginal incomes, there are too many other things that absorb that money, yes, even Star Bucks on occasion, maybe.

Best from,

Carolyn

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of David & his pack of dogs
Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2017 7:30 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

Smoking is an addiction and when you addicted to something nothing will get in the way of that, including Jaws. Smile. Having made that flippant remark, you are right, $5 per month is not much. Just give up one day of Starbucks coffee.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: June 13, 2017 3:24 PM

Not sure how that works and if you can even buy single upgrades.
Given that if you have Jaws Home maintaining an SMA costs you all of $5 a month I don't know why you wouldn't simply buy the SMA every two years. It's I think $120 every two years and you get two major versions, so it's $60 per version. Jaws unlike NVDA is not a nonprofit organisation and as a business owner myself I definitely don't begrudge them this relatively minor amount of money. I know some people who don't work and are on some sort of assistance feel this is a heartship, but $5 a month I don't think can be considered a heartship as most of us spend this and more on al sorts of incidental items whether it's a fancy coffee, a beer once a week or cigarettes, in fact somebody who smokes usually wastes a lot more than $5 a month.

Regards,
Sieghard

----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of bob jutzi
Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2017 2:53 PM

What do most major updates cost without an SMA?

On 6/13/2017 5:49 PM, Chris G wrote:
yes, that is correct.

Chris Grabowski
Mystic Access
Where the magic is in learning.
https://www.MysticAccess.com
Ready to begin using your assistive technology with confidence while
actually having fun? Visit us to learn about our comprehensive audio
tutorials, one-on-one support and ongoing teleclasses. We also offer
eclectic and timely assistive technology podcasts, a newsletter
containing exclusive news and discounts, regularly updated free
downloads, and so much more.
Phone: (716) 543-3323 (Ext. 500)
Twitter: MysticAccess
Facebook: mysticaccessempower

-------- Original Message --------
Sent: Tuesday, Jun 13, 2017 5:38 PM EST
Subject: Jaws updates

Am I understanding it correctly that Jaws gets a update once a month
and a major update once a year?

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.