Re: [Bulk] Removing Older Versions of JFW

Adrian Spratt

Tina and Dave, two points.

First, I suspect from your query, Tina, that in addition to a defrag, your
system might benefit from a disc clean. It's a simple process but it makes a
big difference:

1. go to the start menu with the Windows key.

2. Press p.

3. You will land on Accessories. Press enter.

4. Arrow up to System Tools (typically just once) and press enter.

5. Press d, and you'll probably land on Disc Clean. If not, press d until
you do.

6. Press enter and wait, perhaps several minutes.

7. You'll be presented with a list of items to delete. Check each one
except "Compress Old Files."

8. Tab to Okay and press spacebar, then press spacebar to confirm.

You can also get to disc defragmenter by following steps 1 through 4.
However, this time at step 5, press d until you arrive at "Disc
Defragmenter," and press enter there. Tab through for options. As Dave says,
defragging can take a short time, but sometimes more than an hour.

These two operations are likely to improve performance considerably and
create hard drive space.