Re: Connecting to the internet

James Malone

Don't think your doing something wrong. Where you are using the F series keys F1 through F12 is correct. The insert key "Jaws key" is the zero key on the numb pad. Press this first, and hold it down while pressing F11.
If you need additional help, contact me off list, and I'll help. Also, what version of Jaws are you running?
James

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Marilyn Bland
Sent: Saturday, June 10, 2017 7:52 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Connecting to the internet

James,

Thanks for the response, but I need to checksome things with you. When I follow your steps, I hear "unknown script..."

By the insert key I'm assuming you mean the long oblong key at the bottom left of the numpad. Could F11 be a different number? I have tried pressing them together and one at a time in quick succession, but do not get the desired outcome. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Marilyn

Dr. Marilyn Bland - Dallas, Texas.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of James Malone
Sent: Saturday, June 10, 2017 2:04 AM

Press insert F11, arrow down to wireless connections are available if there are some. Press enter. If you have windows 7, this should be strait forward. If you have windows 10, this might be a little harder.
Make sure to go to connect to a wireless network, and choose it from the list. If anyone has an easier approach to this, pleas jump in here.

Best:
James

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Marilyn Bland
Sent: Friday, June 9, 2017 6:54 PM

Hello everyone,

Starting Monday next week I will be working from a different location than usual for a number of days. This means that my laptop will not automatically be connected to the internet.

Please tell me what JAWS keystrokes should I use to be able to get internet connectivity and what should I hear JAWS saying?

Many Thanks.

Marilyn

Dr. Marilyn Bland - Dallas, Texas.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.